In this article, we are going to know you how to apply for Ration Card Karnataka from the official website ahara.kar.nic.in and also we will give steps to check Karnataka Ration Card status online. Apart from that, you can also know the beneficiary list, search the beneficiary named in the ahara kar nic in the ration card portal.
Applicants who are applied for the Karnataka ration card online can check the status of the online application form and also we will give you information regarding documents needed to apply for ahara.kar.nic.in the ration card online. Applicants who are new to apply for ration card, read these article from the beginning to end.
Karnataka Ration Card
It is essential for every household to have a ration card to get benefits from the government. The ration card issued by the state government is useful for residents of Karnataka state. It is a very important document, and you can get food ration and medical facilities at affordable rates in Government held ration shops. Apart from the ration, you will get many benefits from government schemes.
Like other states, Karnataka State Government also issues the ration card based on the economic status of the family remembers. Based on the economic status, the ration card is given under various categories.
At present, Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of Karnataka has giving ration card into four categories that suit to the economic status of the family.
- PHH (Priority House Hold) Ration Cards
- Annapurna Yojana Ration Cards
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards
- (Non-Priority House Hold) Ration Cards- NPHH
Karnataka Ration Card Types
Below we are giving the brief details on the ration card types.
PHH Ration Card: The full form of PHH is Priority House Hold Ration Cards. This ration card are given to residents of rural areas. Further, this category is divided into two subgroups. Applicants who are eligible for the Karnataka PHH Ration card will get food and other facilities. Under this PHH Ration card, beneficiaries will get 1kg Rice per 3 Rs, wheat at Rs 2 per kg and oil at Rs 1 per kg.
Annapurna Yojana Ration Cards:
Under this ration card, Per month, 10 kg of food grains will be provided to the beneficiaries of above 65 years of age.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards
This ration card is applicable to only the beneficiaries whose income is less than Rs.15000 per month. Under this scheme, you will get 1kg Rice per 3 Rs, wheat at Rs 2 per kg, and oil at Rs 1 per kg.
Non-Priority House Hold (NPHH) Ration Cards –
This ration is only applicable to families whose income is stable annually. No food grains is given to NPHH Karnataka Ration card holders.
Eligibility to apply for Ration Card Karnataka
To issue a ration card for the residents of Karnataka state, some of the criteria should be there.
- The applicants must be a resident of Karnataka state.
- New married couples can also apply for the Karnataka ration card.
- If the ration card is expired, he/she can apply for their family ration card.
- The ration card is issued to the eligible applicants only after their verification of the economic and financial status of their families.
- Who does not have a ration card, they can also apply for a new ration card.
Documents required to apply for ahara.kar.nic.in ration card
To apply for ration card Karnataka, some essential documents are required. Some of the documents name we have given below to apply for ahara Karnataka ration card.
- Applicants must have residential proof and the same copy should be required to apply for a ration card.
- The family head man age certificate is required.
- Photocopy of identity card such as Aadhar Card, Driving license, Voter ID, Driving License.
- Copy of proof of Income certificate.
- Applicants passport size photocopy.
- Mobile number and Email id of the applicant.
- Self-declaration certificate issued by the ward counselor/head.
- Tenant Agreement
The above documents are essential to apply for a new ration card in Karnataka. After any updates from the government of Karnataka, we update this page with new documents required to apply.
Ration Card Karnataka Online Application 2020: How to Apply?
Candidates who are new to apply for Karnataka ration card from the website www.ahara.kar.nic.in, we have given the steps to apply for a ration card. If you have essential documents at the time of applying for the Aahar Karnataka ration card scheme, then, it is easy for you to apply for the card.
- First, the applicant should visit the official website of the Food Civil Supply & Consumer Affairs Department i.e aahar.kar.nic.in.
- The website supports both Kannada & English language, as per your convenience you can change it to your preferred language.
- After changing, now click on the “E-Services” option that is appeared on the menu bar.
- Now a new page is displayed on the screen, you can place the cursor on the “e-ration card” option, now the drop-down list is opened on the screen.
- Now click on the” New ration card” link. After that, a new page is opened on the screen. Now you can choose which type of Karnataka ration card you want.
- You have given options to choose from the list such as Household (PHH) for BPL Ration Card or Non-Priority Household (NPHH) for APL Ration Card.
- Now Choose the desired ration card category, after that enter aadhar card number and aadhar card linked mobile number.
- Now the computer-generated OTP is sent to your mobile number, now enter the OTP at the designated location. Now the Kar Ration card application is opened on the computer screen.
- Now fill the required details in the aahara.kar.nic.in the ration card application and upload necessary documents and click on the “SAVE” option.
After successfully submitting the Karanataka Ration card application form, after 15 days ration card is issued to the applicant.
How to Check Ration card Karnataka Application status online
Those who have already applied for ahara ration card and waiting to receive they can their Karnataka Ration card status online. Below we have given the steps to check the status of the KAR ration card application form from the official website www.aahara.kar.nic.in.
- To check the Karnataka ration card status online visit the official website of the Food Civil Supply & Consumer Affairs Department.
- Now Click on the “E-Services” option that you will find on the menu bar.
- Now place the cursor on the “E-Status” option.
- A number of options will be displayed on the screen.
- Now Click on the “Status of New / defending ration card” link.
- Select the district of you are residing from the given preferences.
- Now, Your Karnataka ration card status is displayed in various situations. You can click on the respective link to check the status.
If you are facing any problems in applying for ration card Karnataka or facing difficulties to check the status of the application form, you can go and reach to the address given below.
Vikas Saudha, Bangalore – 560001
Phone Number – 1967 or 1800-425-9339
We hope, you understood the ration card karnataka article. If you have any doubts regarding this, comment below we will reply as soon as possible.
FAQ’s on Ration Card Karnataka
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”p” question-0=”How Can I Add family members names in ration card karnataka?” answer-0=”At the time of applying or filling application form on ahara.kar.nic.in portal you can add it. Above article we have given the details to add names.” image-0=”” headline-1=”p” question-1=”How to Download the Karnataka Ration Card Online?” answer-1=”If your name appears in the beneficiary list, you can easily download the ration card from the ahara website.” image-1=”” headline-2=”p” question-2=”How to link aadhar card number with ahara.kar.nic.in ration card online?” answer-2=”To know the details regarding linking aadhar number with Karnataka Ration card visit official website for tutorial.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]